The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We process all personal information in line with data protection laws applicable in the UK (the “DP Law”). Except as stated below, we confirm we will not disclose or transfer your personal information to any third party for any purpose.
What information do we collect from you?
The information we collect, hold and process about you comes from the way you engage with us, such as:
- By filling in forms, in applications, when you request any products or services,
- Through your interactions with us, including if you contact us by post, email, telephone, in person or by any other means, and
- From the way you use the financial products you hold or take out with us.
We may also receive information about you from other House of Pensions related companies, third parties who provide services to you or us, and research, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
The information we collect from you or receive from any of the third parties listed above may include:
- Your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact information
- Financial information and the products you use
- Details of any payments you make or receive
The DP Law sets apart certain personal information as special categories, e.g. racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, physical or mental health, sexual life.
We will process these special categories of your personal information only with your explicit consent or where we have other legal grounds to do so when it will help us fulfil our obligations to you. If at any time you wish us to stop processing these special categories of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details below.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
We use the personal information you provide us in a number of ways, including:
- To provide you with products and services and service your account
- To develop new products and services
- To offer new investment products
- To inform you of other products and services by email, telephone, letter and other digital methods unless you ask us not to – you can determine the extent of our communication to you through the links in any email we send you or by contacting us using the details below
- For security, identity verification and training purposes
- To communicate with you
- To comply with the law and regulations
- To prepare research and anonymised statistical reports
In particular we may use your information to monitor or record telephone conversations or other communications between you and us. We use these recordings (or transcripts of them):
- To check your instructions to us
- To analyse, assess and improve our services to customers
- For training and quality purposes
- To help us investigate any complaint you may make
- As evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us
Recordings of telephone conversations may take place without the use of a warning tone.
If you change your mind about how you wish us to contact you or no longer wish to receive this information or our marketing communications, you can let us know by using the contact details below.
Please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to: Leo Davies, House of Pensions, 1 Royal Exchange, London EC3V 3DG.